CHAPTER you QUIZ
1 . The term globalism or the positive effect generally refers to _____. a. increasing commitment to your own region
b. global competition seen as a networks that bind countries, institutions, and people. c. competition in an increasingly borderless universe
d. b and c only
installment payments on your The hostility to the takeover of Europe's largest steel company, Acelor, by India's Mittal Metallic illustrates a. the decline in nationalism and increase in globalism.
b. the backlash against globalism.
c. the decline in competition in the metallic industry.
deb. cultural differences about the benefits of takeovers.
a few. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
a. commonly are not competing internationally.
b. happen to be major investors in world market segments.
c. deal with good possibilities currently as a result of trade shows, export initiatives, as well as the Internet. deb. are not affected by globalism
4. The three major world currencies today are _____.
a. pound, yen, U. S.
w. euro, yen, peso
c. euro, U. S. dollar, German draw
d. euro, U. S. dollar, peso
5. The European Union currently contains how a large number of nations? a. Ten
six. Which in the following countries is not a single one of the Four Tigers? a. To the south Korea
m. Hong Kong
7. China offers enjoyed recent success since an export powerhouse constructed upon its _____. a. strengths of low costs and flow of capital
b. geographic location in the world
c. excessive educational requirements
d. close ties with Japan
almost 8. Which of the following assertions is not correct about China? a. China signed up with the WTO in 2002
b. One among China's essential strengths is definitely its exceptional infrastructure c. China is trapped halfway among a command economy and a market economic system d. China continues to appreciate significant inflows of money from ethnic Chinese language outside of Chinese suppliers
9. Which usually of the pursuing statements is correct about India? a. India's biggest factor to growth is the excellent facilities. b. India is the world's leader to get outsourced back-office services, and increasingly for high tech companies c. India is the fastest-growing free-market democracy
d. w and c only are correct
10. India's monetary boom is because
a. reducing protectionism and red tape
n. lifting restrictions on international investment
c. reforming it is financial sectors
d. all the above
11. Which in the following can be not correct?
a. Foreign investors have grown to be wary of Russian federation because of new government action against the Yukos oil group. b. The african continent has been ignored by almost all of the world's traders c. As a result of political and economic risks in LDCs, they offer zero potential intercontinental business opportunities g. South Africa gets the biggest economy in Africa.
12. The U. H is offshoring white-collar computer-programming jobs to India because _____. a. Indians are better programmers than People in america
b. Indians speak better English than Americans
c. Indian coders cost one-fourth the cost of comparable American programmers d. all of the above
13. Political dangers are any kind of governmental actions or see motivated events that adversely affect the _____. a. ability of the firm to survive long-run profitability or perhaps value with the company b. personal basic safety of business managers and employees
c. company's capacity to meet customer needs
14. _____ takes place when the local government seizes the foreign-owned assets from the MNC and supplies inadequate reimbursement. a. Nationalization
15. Presume the government of Karakozia seizes all assets of Soft drink in Karakozia without providing any payment to the organization. This action for the government is usually an example of _____. a. nationalization
16. Zagreb Inc., negotiates a multi-million dollar deal with the government to provide electricity to nation A. The federal government is voted out of power right after and the fresh government...